Medieval castle, built primarily in the 12th century. It underwent several transformations over the centuries: after the damage suffered by the French troops in 1561 it was later converted to a silk spinning company.
In 1924 the central body of the castle was demolished to make room for Montalcini primary school and Ferrere infant school. Only the bastions are still visible from the original structure.
Castelvecchio is now home to schools as well as the town hall and the civic library.